Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Winter Cruise





















I took the wagon to Show Low to get some winter snow action. The car did well in the snow, and on the road trip until I was about 30 miles from my destination.

Suddenly, the water temp gauge started going down, then the battery light came on. The car was driving rough and losing power.

I pulled over at a gas station and found that the main pulley bolt had come off completely. The pulley was wobbling around and the alternator belt was missing.

It turned into quite the adventure. I got the car towed, the shop told me that the car needed a new crankshaft!! I told them to put down the joint and got a ride back to Phoenix. I had to leave the car in Show Low for a week. .The next weekend, I rented a car dolly and went to get her.


No comments:

Post a Comment