Monday, December 7, 2009

Slow Going

You can see the HUGE difference in the head surface now that I've got it back from the machine shop. They cleaned, disassembled the rocker arms, milled it down 10\1000, and reassembled it. All for $80. Totally worth it, and much better than having to buy a different head or block that could have the same issues... now I know this head is straight!!

There is no evidence of those scratch marks, and even the pitting area is almost completely gone. This should work out well.

This is moving a little slower than I expected.. actually a lot slower, but I've been super busy with work and Christmas shopping/decorating/ etc.

I actually am returning the valve cover gasket and seals to Checker and going with the Honda OEM ones; thanks to the suggestion of the forums.

I am also sending the valve cover out to get powder coated tomorrow. I think I'm getting it coated red... what do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment